2. User Conduct
4. Spam Policy
5. Termination of Service
7. No Warranty
8. Limitation of Liability
9. Legal Compliance
11. Governing Law
12. Procedure for making a claim of Infringement
13. Violation of the Terms of Service
1. Acceptance The Slidestory Service allows for the creation & sharing of digital media. The following user agreement ("Agreement") pertains to the online resources & software services provided by Slidestory ("Service"). If you do not agree to all of the following terms or conditions, or future modifications, contained in this Agreement then do not use the service.
2. User Conduct
You understand that all information, text, postings, messages, images, photos, audio, links, or other material ("Content") provided on the Service are the responsibility of the participants providing that Content. In particular, you, and not Slidestory, are entirely responsible for Content you provide on the service. You also understand that Slidestory does not control the Content and, therefore, is not responsible for Content made available on the Service. Additionally, by using the service you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Slidestory does not guarantee in any way the accuracy, truthfulness or quality of any Content made available on the Service, and, therefore, is in no way liable for any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content made available on the Service.
You agree to:
- provide accurate, truthful and not misleading information in conjunction with using any part of the service.
- be 13 years or older to use the service.
- obey all laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations in conjunction with using any part of the service.
You agree not to:
- be fraudulant.
- provide Content which may be considered derogatory, hateful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, or obscene.
- provide Content which contains spam, pyramid schemes, advertisements of any kind, referral codes, or solicitations of services or goods.
- provide Content which contains harmful computer code such as viruses, trojan horses, or worms.
- impersonate another person or misrepresent your affiliation with a third party, be it a person, business or otherwise.
- use robots, crawlers or other automated means of collecting data without express written permission.
- perform any action which uses or may use at our sole discretion an unreasonable amount of Slidestory's system resources or cause a slowdown of the service for other users.
- "stalk" or otherwise harrass anyone.
- provide irrelevant Content or repeatedly provide the same or similar Content.
- sell, resell, trade, copy or exploit any Content or any portion of the Slidestory Service and explicitly not any Content you don't own copyright or intellectual property rights for.
4. Spam Policy Slidestory expressly prohibits the sending of unsolicted emails to Slidestory users through the Slidestory Service. Any unauthorized use of the Slidestory computer system is a violation of the Agreement and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Violations of said laws may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
5. Termination of Service Slidestory at it's sole discretion has the right to terminate your access to the Service and remove any Content in the Service if at it's sole discretion any terms of the Agreement have been violated, or for any other reason. Slidestory shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access. Sections 2, 3, 4, and 6-11 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
6. Copyright Slidestory doesn't claim ownership of Content you provide on the Service. All copyright and intellectual property rights of Content you provide on the Service remain yours. As long as the Content is made available on the public areas of the Slidestory site, you grant Slidestory the license to use, distribute, reproduce, adapt and publicly display such Content for the original purpose the Content was provided. This license exists for as long you wish the Content to remain on the Service or Slidestory removes the Content from the Service.
7. NO WARRANTY THE SLIDESTORY SITE AND SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL SLIDESTORY, IT'S OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUCCESSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM ERRORS, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION THAT MAY BE ATTRIBUTED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INFORMATION, ADVICE OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR SLIDESTORY SITE. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of limitation of liability, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
9. Legal Compliance You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, regulations and ordinances applicable to your use of the Service under this Agreement. You agree that Slidestory is not liable for results caused by your or other participant's failure to comply with all domestic and international laws, regulations and ordinances applicable to activities under this Agreement.
10. Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold Slidestory, its officers, agents, employees, and successors harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, violation of this Agreement or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
11. Governing Law This Agreement shall be interpreted and construed according to, and governed by, the laws of California, excluding any such laws that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The federal or state courts located in Los Angeles shall have jurisdiction to hear any dispute under this Agreement.
12. Procedure for making a claim of Infringement
If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify us at the following:
- identify the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim is being infringed.
- identify the Content that is infringing on your copyright or intellectual property rights.
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
- your electronic signature.